Windows Disk Management
Last modified: 2023-02-09
Disk Management is a system utility in Windows that enables you to perform advanced storage tasks.
Check partitions with it.
Open the 'Disk Management'
Right click the partition to view the properties
Check 'Security' tab or 'Shadow Copies' tab
Check Partition in Windows Explorer
- Right click the partition and click 'Change Drive Letter and Paths'
- Open dialog.
- Click 'Add'. In the dropdown, choose a letter (ex. Z:) and click 'OK'.
- At the top, in the Volume column, you should see that the partition has a letter (Z:) assigned to.
- Open Windows Explorer and check if Z: exists on 'This PC'.
- Click the partition (Z:) and click 'View' tab at the top then check 'Hidden Items'.
Restore the previous version of partition
- Right click the partition and click 'Properties' -> 'Previous Versions'
- Select shadow copy you want to restore and click 'Restore'. The Confirmation popup open, then click 'Restore'.